Today is not the oppotuned time to prepare for the next Google PR update. The next PR update is expected next month. A website's PR is based on many factors and a bit complicated. I got my PR 4 in less than three months of blogging for two of my blogs. It did amaze me to get that PR 4 that fast. I was very new to blogging then. I've only been blogging for less than 5months. Some friends ask me my technique to getting a high PR in a short period of time. To be honest, i am still puzzled by the google algorithm which determines a website's page rank. But these are opinions regarding Page Rank:
2. The more backlinks you have the better your Page Rank is. Check your backlinks here
3. Get more inbound links to your site.
4. Link with sites with higher PR (sites must be related to you niche)
5. Update your blog regularly, google likes fresh content.
6. Make your site easy to crawl/spider friendly. Change templates that loads slow.
7. Increase your alexa rank and technorati rank. How? click here.
Or you can do what the "earnersblog.com"suggests- visit here.
Which John Chow followed which got him banned from technorati:---check it here.
8.Do the oldest tip: submit to search engines/directories for free or with a fee.
9. Make good metatags, keywords, h1, h2, h3 tags. Generate one for free. Click here.
10. For more than over a hundred factors affecting your Page Rank its all here.